Manager Water and Sewer | Mount Isa City Council
Manage high quality water services and lead efficient and sustainable water asset management practices for the Mount Isa City Council.
The Manager Water and Sewer is a key role in the Mount Isa City Council, and ensures safe, reliable and efficient delivery of water and sewer services. The Manager coordinates all water and sewer-related services, construction, operations and maintenance activities of the council.
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, preferably Civil.
- Certificate 4 in Water Operations (NWP 40107) or equivalent.
- Extensive management experience in the operation of water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation associated with supply of drinking water and reporting requirements for water, sewerage and recycled water
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 and its application to the environmental management of water and sewerage functions.
- Strong customer service ethos - influence, network and negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build working relationships
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It’s a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the criteria. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 1 March 2021.