Manager Urban Infrastructure | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Planning and development of urban infrastructure and service delivery
- Play an integral role in the delivery of infrastructure services for the Balonne Region.
- Live and work in a region that offers terrific outdoor pursuit activities.
The Manager Urban Infrastructure leads a team of three supervisors and oversees the broader operational work group for Balonne Shire Council. The key focus is urban infrastructure management and efficient delivery of construction and maintenance services of water, sewerage, parks and gardens and pool infrastructure for the Balonne community.
- Provide leadership to the Urban Infrastructure team in the planning and technical delivery of its services.
- Monitor, manage and provide technical support for infrastructure projects and programs.
- Promote commercial opportunities and provide technical support and delivery of works to external organisations.
- Proactively manage performance trends, focusing on risk, quality and compliance.
- Develop, implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices.
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, business industry bodies and regulators.
- Review and improve the operations and maintenance activities through monitoring, benchmarking and implementing system improvements.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering or related discipline, and or extensive experience working in the delivery of water and sewerage, and town infrastructure services.
- Organisational leadership and people management skills.
- Substantial experience managing capital works programs, project and operational budgets.
- Structured, responsible and accountable with a strong customer focus (internal and external).
A great opportunity to make this role your own and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
Living and working in the Region
Located just five hours' drive west of Brisbane on the QLD-NSW border, Balonne Shire Council has a dedicated team of 80+ staff and population of 4,500 people who live in the surrounding towns of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi and Hebel.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offers support for training and professional development, competitive remuneration and work/life balance. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 12th April 2021.