Manager Transport and Drainage - Balonne Shire Council
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Manager Transport and Drainage is a key role within the Council's Management team, and has overall responsibility for the construction, replacement and maintenance of Council's roads and bridges, drainage, plant and equipment, aerodromes and other Council assets.
This is an ideal opportunity to grow your expertise and develop your career within a local government organisation that takes great pride in providing quality services to the local region.
You will have significant experience in a similar role and hold tertiary qualification in civil engineering or related discipline. Applicants who have extensive professional experience in leadership of the roads and drainage or construction fields will be highly regarded.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Take a commercial approach to your work activities and outputs;
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Manage your team with performance and safety as key focus areas;
- Improving performance and compliance to attain TMR accreditation; and
- Using your consultative skills to get the maximum benefits for council and the local community.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role is essential;
- Project management expertise will be highly regarded;
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or related discipline, and or extensive professional experience in the roads and drainage or construction fields;
- Experience in maintenance and asset management systems and processes;
- C Class Drivers License;
- Demonstrated organisational leadership qualities; and
- High level of customer service and communication skills.
The Balonne Shire Council has a population of 4500 and serves the communities of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi, and Hebel. This position is based in St George, located five hours' drive west of Brisbane.
Council is offering professional stimulation, growth and opportunity, and an excellent remuneration package.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
The application period for this role closes on Monday 22nd April 2019 at 5pm.