The Toowoomba Regional Council has an opportunity for a Manager Strategic Planning and Economic Development to join their team. This is a highly strategic and future-focused role, ensuring that council's economic, infrastructure and land use strategies are aligned to community needs and the council's expectations.
This is a unique leadership role in the Council and Toowoomba region; the position holds responsibility for a third of council's corporate objectives across strategic policy, infrastructure planning, environmental policy, commercial development, economic development, urban design, land use and community development.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the highly skilled Strategic Planning and Economic Development Branch
- Delivery of a range of diverse and high-profile projects
- Driving transformational strategies, policies and programs
This is a role that requires:
- Substantial technical expertise, depth of experience and flexibility of approach as well as an understanding and experience of legislation applicable to local government
- A positive leadership style to engage with the organisation and guide and develop a high-performing team
- The skills to operate in a political environment, with a strong focus on negotiation and collaboration
Experience in a similar role is essential; along with relevant tertiary qualifications in land use planning, urban design, regional planning, economics, social sciences or geography. Postgraduate qualifications in management highly desirable.
The Toowoomba region has a population of approximately 105,000 and is located within a 90-minute drive west of Brisbane. The region is forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Toowoomba has twice been voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
The Council are offering a competitive remuneration package as well as opportunities for professional satisfaction, growth and development.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447. Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th September 2018 at 5pm.