Gladstone Regional Council is expanding and has restructured its corporate service functions to provide innovation in delivery of services to the community. Council is seeking out a quailed Manager Strategic Information, Communication and Technology to lead the ICT function and staff within the organisation.
The role will form part of the management team and will be a key position in contributing to Council's effective transformation. The successful applicant will lead the process of innovation and technology agenda to deliver strategic business outcomes in addition to maintaining "business as usual" ICT support activities.
- Team management and development of a flattened team structure.
- Lead, manage and support a team through cultural transformation journey.
- ICT operational excellence.
- Design and implementation of ICT initiatives to streamline operations, improve service levels and reduce costs.
- Initiate and support continuous regional improvement strategies to continually improve enabling ICT infrastructure, and efficient and affordable service delivery across the Gladstone region.
Required experience and required qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in the field of computer science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in successful implementation of ICT transformation strategies and enterprise
- Experience with ERP-based transformation
- Demonstrated experience in ICT strategies and enterprise
- Local Government Experience in a similar role - desirable
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Enthusiastic, forward-thinking achievers whose talents and expertise will help direct Council and the Region's community into a new and exciting future should apply.
The Council offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018