Manager Rural Services & Compliance | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
As the Manager Rural Services and Compliance, you will play a key role within Balonne Shire council and the region, leading a focused team. This is a diverse position covering natural resource management, biosecurity, stock route management and local law enforcement.
You will bring a strategic approach to your work and lead your team in developing strategies and processes that have environmental, agricultural and economic benefits for the Balonne region. This is an ideal opportunity to take the next step in your career while working with a management team that has a commitment to providing excellent services to the local community.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Benefits of the Role
- Have a strong influence in the strategy and direction of your team
- Very competitive remuneration package that includes a private use vehicle
- Excellent salary sacrifice options (Rent, Utilities)
- You will be supported by a forward-thinking leadership team
- Have the ability to significantly influence positive outcomes for the local region with regards to biosecurity, natural resource management, stock route management and local laws management
About the Person
- You will have a previous history of working in a similar position
- Be a strategic thinker that applies a positive outcome focus to your work
- A confident and professional communicator
- A genuine desire to live and work in regional Queensland
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience
- Management experience including effective staff, budget, project and contract management
- Relevant expertise in natural resource management and agricultural disciplines
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Ability to apply legislation, develop policies, plans, procedures and work practices
- Analytical skills, reviewing operations, investigating issues, developing solutions
- Highly developed customer service, verbal and written communication and negotiation skills with the ability to liaise effectively with culturally diverse stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to create strong teams and processes that deliver outcomes
- Able to demonstrate personal drive and integrity with the ability to work under limited direction
- Relevant licences, certifications or ability to obtain
- Current C Class drivers' licence
Working and Living in the Region
The Balonne Shire has a population of 4,500 and serves the communities of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi, and Hebel. St George is located five hours drive west of Brisbane on the Queensland-NSW border and has an area of 31,119 square kilometres. The Balonne Shire Council staff complement is approximately 83 with an annual operational budget of approximately $27M.
Balonne Shire has a strong focus on creating vibrant and sustainable communities. The council is committed to delivering inclusive community programs that promote healthy lifestyles, safe communities and a celebration of the region's arts and culture.
The council has a strategic approach to its investment in infrastructure to drive growth in business and industry. The organisation is keen to embrace emerging technologies to bring new opportunities to business, agriculture and communities, and recognises that long-term sustainability will be achieved through investment attraction and diversification and collaboration with stakeholders.
The Shire is attractive to young families, with higher than average percentages of people in these age groups. Balonne Shire Council's Administration Centre is located in the township of St George. The town has all the facilities for a comfortable rural lifestyle including a modern hospital and a wide range of schooling options. The Balonne River provides many of the town's leisure activities such as a peaceful river walk, an evening river cruise and water sport opportunities such as water skiing.
Looking for a tree change? Consider working and living in this beautiful shire. Balonne Shire Council offers competitive remuneration, work/life balance, and the chance for you to make a difference in your local community. Swap the long commutes and stop lights for laid back country living in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 9 December 2019.