Manager Roads | Bourke Shire Council | Bourke, NSW
- Project manage civil construction and maintenance of roads and bridges
- Lead, mentor and motivate a large and diverse team
- Manage the asset lifecycle of fleet and plant management programs
The Bourke Shire Council is seeking a hands-on roads infrastructure professional to oversee the maintenance and construction of roads and bridges and fleet services. The Manager Roads is a valued member of Council's senior leadership team, managing people, infrastructure projects and budgets.
With a 'can do' approach, the Manager Roads, will lead a large team, collaborate, motivate and build positive working relationships and project manage government-funded infrastructure projects.
Opportunities and challenges
- Work with a supportive and knowledgeable leadership team
- Lead, mentor and motivate a team of 50 people
- Project manage grant-funded maintenance programs for roads and bridges
- Effectively manage 10-year fleet and plant replacement plans
- Prepare reports for Transport NSW and Roads Maintenance Council Contracts to ensure the programs meet environmental health and safety and legislative requirements
- Deliver a range of infrastructure projects on time and within budget
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Contemporary civil construction and maintenance experience
- Experience in leading a team and developing capabilities
- Experience in asset lifecycle, contract management, report writing and managing budgets
Bourke Shire Council values diversity and teamwork and this role is a great opportunity for you to step up in your career, join a values-based organisation, and contribute to the community you live in. Council is undergoing future-focussed infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism opportunities for the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5pm Monday 20 September 2021.