Download the Candidate Information Pack https://tinyurl.com/yyss6wvj for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Manager Roads and Transport is a key operational role in Tablelands Regional Council's Infrastructure Services team. The role is accountable for providing the overall management and delivery of capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs for Council and provides strategic leadership to the Roads and Transport section.
This is an ideal time to join Tablelands Regional Council and contribute to the continuous improvement of the services and infrastructure for the local region. In this role you will have the ability to develop your career, bring your strong leadership style, lead change and innovation and work with a progressive leadership team that has a commitment to service excellence.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage the Roads and Transport section in the delivery of capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs across the Council area
- Manage all aspects of the planning and delivery of significant maintenance programs
- Foster an integrated approach to capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs in partnership with key stakeholders across Council.
- Provide expert advice on strategy issues.
- Develop and mentor your team in a safety conscious environment
- Promote a culture of quality, performance and continuous improvement and encourage innovation to improve outcomes.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant relevant work experience at a senior management level
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within Local Government or related entity
- Current C Class Drivers licence
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse work group
- Proven track record with regards to stakeholder engagement including consultation with the local community
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in sound project management principles
Your strong experience in the overall delivery of capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs will see you succeed in a team dedicated to excellence and innovation. Your positive attitude and willingness to contribute will ensure job satisfaction.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, progressive and inclusive organisation. If you are looking for a role where your contribution is valued, leadership is supportive of new ideas and innovation is encouraged, then this could be your best move yet!
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
The application period will close at 5pm, Monday 29th April 2019.