Manager Roads and Projects | Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
Lead the planning, design, project management and delivery of capital works and maintenance of the Tablelands Regional Council's roads and drainage assets.
This is a key leadership position in the council and the Manager works closely with the General Manager Infrastructure Services in translating the strategy and corporate goals of the Tablelands Regional Council into the long-term planning and operational delivery of the council's infrastructure programme.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of technical services, capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs, including the efficient management and use of human and financial resources to achieve corporate objectives and plans.
- Project engineering (civil and development), project management, design and technical services, surveying, road construction, road maintenance and contract management.
- Manage all aspects of the development and implementation of road service-related strategies, policies, procedures, standards, systems and programs to ensure a considered and planned approach to service delivery.
- Develop, implement and maintain a project management framework and provide governance leadership to project management to ensure consistent, effective and efficient program and project management across Council.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver projects to agreed outcomes.
- Identify and manage risks, resources and financial issues associated with project and service delivery and develop appropriate strategies for their resolution.
This role will suit an experienced senior infrastructure manager who has personal integrity, a strong sense of accountability, a willingness to lead and drive change, a focus on continuous improvement and a structured and planned approach.
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
Relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or significant relevant work experience at a senior management level will be highly regarded.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands is an area of outstanding natural beauty that ranges from tropical rainforest to the Gulf Savannah. The region offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventure sports and leisure pursuits.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker, Executive Talent Consultant on 0411 449 447.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 13 July 2020.