Manager Roads and Drainage
Whitsunday Regional Council | Proserpine, Qld
- Plan and deliver Council's Roads and Drainage program of work
- Excellent package including private use vehicle
- Live and work on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef
Whitsunday Regional Council are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager Roads and Drainage to provide technical and operational leadership to the organisation's Roads and Drainage teams.
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure Services the Manager Roads and Drainage leads a team of approximately 90 staff who operate from the Council depots in Airlie Beach, Bowen, Proserpine and Collinsville.
- Planning and delivery of the roads and drainage maintenance program for the Whitsunday Region, including budget management and resourcing.
- Lead a team of 90 operational staff with a strong focus on safety, succession planning and continuity of business.
- Management of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- Significant experience leading teams in the management of roads and drainage construction and maintenance programmes.
- Communication skills that allow you to lead, communicate and relate to others.
- Experience managing key contracts such as the Road Maintenance Performance Contract with the Department of Transport and Main Roads and Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
- Previous experience at leading teams through natural disaster events would be desirable.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- RPEQ highly regarded.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package, private use vehicle and 12% superannuation. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in an organisation that values its people and provides excellent community services to the local region.
How to apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 30 May 2022.