Manager Roads | Bourke Shire Council | Bourke, NSW
- Work / life balance - 9-day fortnight
- Senior leadership role
- Excellent remuneration - subsidised housing, vehicle, professional development
The Manager Roads is a valued member of Bourke Shire Council's senior leadership team, managing road construction and maintenance, fleet and plant management, and Roads Maintenance Council Contracts.
Council capital works projects for roads is just over $25 million, subject to government grant funding. The road network is made up of over 1846 kms of rural local roads, 570 kms of regional roads and 357km of State highway. The works include road repair, lane widening, bridge and road building. A dynamic role with variety of project works, where your commitment to the role will bring significant personal satisfaction and career development.
- Successfully implementing Council's Road improvement program on time and within budget.
- Leading a strong and compliant safety culture.
- Strategic management of the extensive road network.
- Effectively managing the grant funding for the road projects (over $25 million worth of projects planned, subject to funding).
- Ensuring quality of works / quality assurance.
- Staff and contractor management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Solid experience in roads construction and maintenance practices (Including Bridges).
- Previous leadership experience in a similar role.
- Sound understanding of asset management practices.
- Strong Project Management and Budget Management capabilities.
- Well-developed communication skills.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package that includes subsidised housing, private use vehicle and 9-day working fortnight. As the Manager Roads you will be supported in your professional development while having the ability to own the position and assist in the prosperous development of the local region.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 15 August 2022.