Whitsunday Regional Council is looking to appoint a Manager Road Assets and Strategy, reporting to the Executive Manager Roads and Drainage.
The position plays a key role in providing strategic direction, expert technical advice and leadership to the high performing Roads and Drainage branch to achieve operational and corporate objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the development of the 10 year forward works program for roads, bridges, footpaths, marine access, carparks & drainage incorporating input from strategic and other plans.
- Ensure that all works are in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policies & processes, and appropriate industry & professional standards.
- Build a high-performance team who are results orientated
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering along with RPEQ with appropriate specialisations
- Significant experience leading a large, multidisciplinary team
The Whitsunday Regional Council is located in one of Queensland's key tourism, agriculture and trade regions with important assets including Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, a thriving horticultural sector and significant trade-supporting transport infrastructure. The Council serves a community of 35,500 located in the major community centres of Bowen, Proserpine, Collinsville and Airlie Beach. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle, the region boasts beaches, rainforests and large tracts of national parkland.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer along with learning and development programs, flexible work policies and mentoring. The position is offered as a four year contract with the potential to extend.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
The application period for this role ends at 5pm, Friday 14 September 2018.