Manager Planning & Projects | Isaac Regional Council
Are you ready to step up and contribute to a positive, collaborative and innovative organisational culture?
We are seeking a Manager Planning and Projects to deliver strategic infrastructure planning and drive project efficiencies for Isaac Regional Council's capital works program.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a highly-motivated team on infrastructure projects that make a difference.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack here.
- Manage the end-to-end planning and implementation of a suite of projects from across Council with a focus on water, waste water and waste.
- Collaborate and engage with a range of stakeholders to deliver projects through multi- functional teams.
- Deliver the annual, three (3), five (5) and ten (10) year capital works programs.
- Supervise and mentor the Planning and Projects team with a focus on safety, performance and capacity building.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and management of small and complex, medium scale contracts.
- Proven experience in risk assessment.
- Proven working knowledge of local and state legislation.
- Bachelor Civil Engineering and/or Project Management; Bachelor of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Post graduate qualifications in project management will be highly regarded.
- RPEQ or ability to obtain will be highly desirable.
Council offers a very competitive salary package including 9.5% super, full maintained vehicle and a modern home in Moranbah. Isaac Regional Council is a values-driven organisation that supports and encourages career development and further study.
Working and living in the Region
With vibrant communities and a strong economy, Isaac Regional Council's vision is 'To Energise the World'. The estimated resident population is 20,940 although with an additional 10,580 resource sector workers housed in temporary accommodation at any one time the full-time equivalent population is estimated at 31,835 spread across 17 unique communities including the larger towns of Clermont, Coppabella, Dysart, Glenden, Middlemount, Moranbah, Nebo and St Lawrence. It also includes the smaller communities of Carmila, Clairview, Clarke Creek, Greenhill, Ilbilbie, Kilcummin, Mackenzie River, Mistake Creek and Valkyrie. Council employs a team of 420 staff and has an annual budget of $105M (18/19) and capital of $44M (18/19).
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 9 March 2020.