Manager Planning and Development | Charters Towers Regional Council
- Provide strategic leadership and operational excellence to meet community needs
- Lead and mentor a team of technical specialists
- Generous salary package including vehicle allowance
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking an experienced Manager Planning and Development to lead a broad portfolio that delivers an exceptional level of service to the community.
Reporting to the Director Corporate and Community Services, the Manager Planning and Development will lead regional planning and development, building compliance and heritage management, local laws, and regulatory services.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership on planning, building, regulatory services, and local laws across council to meet legislative, policy, strategic and compliance obligations.
- Provide expert advice in relation to planning, building, regulatory and environmental matters to ensure high quality customer and community engagement.
- Ensure the department's business plan and appropriate policies and frameworks are aligned to Council and community needs.
- Lead an engaged, high-performance team.
Skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading one or more of the following disciplines - regional planning and development, building/plumbing and drainage compliance, heritage management, local laws and/or regulatory services.
- Qualifications in Urban and/or Regional Planning.
Cultural change is on the agenda and this role offers an outstanding opportunity to influence operational excellence and customer satisfaction. An attractive remuneration package is offered including vehicle allowance and salary packaging options.
With the incredible Lake Buchanan, rugged White Mountains National Park and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region, Charters Towers is ideal for nature enthusiasts and recreational activities such as fishing, hiking and kayaking. In downtown Charters Towers there's cafes and pubs for social gatherings and a huge choice of parklands for family picnics and enjoying the laidback casual ambience of Australia's most authentic country town.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 16 May 2022.