Mount Isa City Council | Manager People, Culture and Safety | Mount Isa
- Shape workplace culture and transform team capability
- Become a trusted HR advisor to the executive leadership and management teams
- Implement change initiatives and build a best practice environment
The Mount Isa City Council is seeking an experienced Manager People, Culture and Safety to provide subject matter expertise and leadership to all facets of the council's human resources and safety functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high-quality human resource leadership and advice to the council's executive leadership team and to the organisation.
- Develop and implement human resource strategy, planning and systems that align with Council's strategic planning documents.
- Support council's managers in planning, recruitment, performance and support management, change management, organisational culture training and development initiatives.
- Develop, implement and maintain training and development frameworks to support the implementation of Council's strategic plans.
- Lead, plan and embed a culture of safety for all staff.
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Work Health and Safety or an associated discipline.
- Minimum five years' experience in a senior human resources role.
- Sound knowledge of human resource management and systematic approach to learning and development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to negotiate and liaise with team members, management, clients and service providers.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 4 May 2021.