Charters Towers Regional Council | Manager People and Performance
- Provide strategic direction and HR leadership
- Contribute to workforce planning and drive cultural change
- Organisational development and capacity building
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking an experienced, values-based Manager People and Performance to provide decisive leadership, guide organisational development and deliver customer excellence.
Reporting to the Director Corporate and Community, the Manager People and Performance is a key influencer providing advice to the executive leadership team and guidance to the People and Performance Unit in relation to human resources, industrial relations and employee relationship management.
Skills, attributes and qualifications
- Experience developing best-practice HR systems and driving organisational change projects involving culture, capability, performance, and process improvements.
- Experience designing HR initiatives to engage employees, enhance operational efficiency and deliver excellent customer service.
- Influential and interpersonal communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or an associated discipline.
Cultural change is on the agenda and this role offers an outstanding opportunity to influence operational excellence and customer satisfaction. A generous remuneration package is offered including additional allowances and salary packaging options.
With the incredible Lake Buchanan, rugged White Mountains National Park and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region, Charters Towers is ideal for nature enthusiasts and recreational activities such as fishing, hiking and kayaking. In downtown Charters Towers there are cafes and pubs for social gatherings and a huge choice of shady parklands for family picnics and enjoying the laidback casual ambience of Australia's most authentic country town.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 21 June 2021.