The Ipswich City Council is seeking a highly capable and experienced Manager, People and Culture to provide leadership and expertise to this key function within the organisation.
Ipswich City Council is undergoing significant changes and there is a desire within the organisation for the creation of a positive, progressive performance-based culture.
The new MP&C will provide strategic direction, leadership and influence in all aspects of human resource management and will be a key leader in the development of a HR function that partners with all departments in the organisation.
The MP&C is a senior manager in the Finance and Corporate Services team which also includes Finance, ICT Corporate Services and Strategic Client Office functions. Reporting to the CFO, the MP&C has four direct reports and a team of experts with strong capability in Industrial Relations, Organisational Development, Staffing and Remuneration, Workplace Health and Safety and Employee Wellbeing.
Ipswich City Council has 1200 employees and is located in the City of Ipswich, in Queensland's South East Corner.
Opportunities and Challenges of the Position
* Lead the strategy, negotiation and implementation of new Enterprise Bargaining agreements.
* Develop a positive, values-based organisational culture and orient the People and Culture team toward the delivery of a contemporary, high-quality human resource management services.
* Engage with the council's CEO and Chief Operating Officers as an active partner and trusted advisor in the performance and success of their businesses.
* A humanistic leadership style will be essential for success in this role.
* The Council is seeking a forward-thinking, expert HRM with high-level qualifications, sound theoretical knowledge and AHRI membership.
* Advanced skills in change management are essential as the organisation is going to shift in culture and performance and the HRM will be key in this process.
* Previous experience as the HR Manager in a large and complex organisation, with high level skills in collaboration, negotiation, team leadership and influence across departments is essential, and local government experience will be well regarded.
Summary of Opportunity
This role represents a professionally stimulating and diverse leadership opportunity for a well established, credible and experienced senior HR professional to create high performing organisation and lasting professional legacy.
Click on the link below to download the information pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412.
Applications close on Wednesday 6th June 2018 at 5pm.