Manager Major Projects | Mount Isa City Council
- Lead transformative council projects in the Mount Isa region
- Establish performance goals and key priorities for major projects
- Innovate and integrate service delivery, building organisational capability
- Lead major projects and transform community infrastructure service delivery in the Mount Isa region.
The Manager Major Projects will provide leadership and technical expertise to the master planning and delivery of capital works, key projects and infrastructure developments for Mount Isa City Council. A key focus of this role is capacity building in the organisation, improving performance, ensuring compliance and higher quality community outcomes across all infrastructure and operations portfolios.
With a strong customer service ethos, the Manager Major Projects will define and manage all aspects of the capital works project development, including consultation, scope and budgets to ensure efficient and timely delivery.
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction or Project Management.
- Extensive experience in managing capital infrastructure programs and project master planning.
- Strong financial expertise and analytical oversight of program budgets, controls and reporting.
- High level communication skills to influence, network, negotiate, counsel and mediate.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion about your application, please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications will close 5pm, Friday 14 May 2021.