Manager Legal and Governance | Shire of Ashburton WA
- Lead corporate governance and legal services for council
- Manage policy development and compliance
- Integrate risk management into decision-making
The Shire of Ashburton is seeking a Manager Legal and Governance as a principal advisor to the Council and executive team, assisting them to achieve organisational goals and statutory obligations.
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the Manager Legal and Governance leads governance, insurance, risk management and legal services.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Governance, Law or Business.
- Experience leading corporate governance, legal and risk management in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing systems, processes and procedures to achieve legislative compliance.
- Demonstrative ability to effectively manage a team.
- C Class Drivers licence.
Working and Living in the Region
This role maybe located in Tom Price or Onslow and offers professional development and work/life balance. The Shire of Ashburton is known for its rugged ancient landscape and coastal beaches, which is the ideal setting to explore the stunning wonders of Karijini National Park and the Hamersley Ranges or take advantage of the best fishing in Western Australia.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 23 August 2021.