Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking a Manager Governance & Planning.
The main requirement of this position is to lead Council's Governance & Planning team and ensure Council promotes the ideals of good governance. You will be an operational manager that ensures that Council conducts its undertakings in a lawful and professional manner while managing the corporate planning function and frameworks in assisting the organisations progressive pathway.
Key duties will include;
- Manage Councils governance function.
- Manage Councils corporate planning function.
- Oversee the development of the yearly operational plan to align with the Corporate Plan.
- Delivery quarterly reporting against the expectations of the operational plan.
- Direct, lead and provide advice to the organisation in the implementation of the principal of good governance.
- Provide administrative oversight to ensure compliance with legislation
Essential skills and experience will include;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in governance, corporate planning and investigations.
- Extensive knowledge of legislation that pertain to this role including the Local Government Act 2009
- Demonstrated organisational ability including planning, financial management, project management and problem analysis/resolution.
- Experience managing a governance, planning or investigations function
- Demonstrated experience conducting workplace investigations including well developed interviewing, critical analysis, report writing, planning and apply relevant legislation or policy.
- Tertiary qualifications in a business or legal discipline
- Post graduate qualifications in a related discipline - desirable
- Current Qld C class drives license
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 3rd September 2018.