Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking a Manager Governance and Communications to provide strong leadership, guidance and support to the Council, ensuring long term benefit to the local Community.
This position is responsible for leading a broad portfolio including:
- Communications and Media Management
- Legal and Governance
- Property Acquisition, Land Management and Disposal
- Corporate Planning
- Internal Audit Planning and Coordination
Other key duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare for community needs and emerging issues through effective community consultation
- Lead Council-wide strategic and operational planning, organisational and Directorate performance frameworks, and the development of appropriate policies and systems.
- Positively manage change and continuous improvement within the Governance and Communications Unit
Applicants must possess a relevant qualification and demonstrate substantial experience and a history of success in a similar role or function.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, mining and the construction and expansion of military facilities and infrastructure throughout the region.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 June 2019 at 5pm.