Manager Governance and Administration | Whitsunday Regional Council | Proserpine Qld
Lead the governance and administration teams, and deliver governance and risk management frameworks to ensure processes and systems are effective, accountable and transparent.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
With a focus on legislation, training and compliance, your stakeholder engagement skills will drive organisational performance, resilience, and quality improvements for Whitsunday Regional Council.
The Manager Governance and Administration’s reports to the Director Corporate Services, and has the key responsibilities of;
- Acting as the custodian of council’s overall corporate governance framework, policies and processes to ensure high level performance and compliance.
- Leading and coordinating council’s governance and risk management functions.
- Delivering efficient and customer focused administrative support for the organisation.
Opportunities and Challenges
- This is a newly created position and a greenfield opportunity to develop the organisation’s integrated planning framework, corporate and operational plans and reporting.
- Embed the organisation’s enterprise risk framework through a programme of training and development.
- Bring a coaching style to training, advising and guiding the council’s elected members and staff.
- Contribute to organisational performance, policies, procedures, systems and reporting.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience implementing governance systems to ensure compliance within a local government context.
- In-depth understanding of Queensland local government legislation and current reforms.
- Managed organisational change through mentoring and knowledge transfer to other staff and elected members.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to lead a team in best practice.
- Legal skills will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
Living in the Region
Whitsundays is not only Australia’s most dreamed-about tropical destination, it’s a place where people love to work live, visit and play. It’s home to pristine rainforests, spectacular national parks, secluded inlets and white sandy beaches. And if bush walking, hidden waterfalls and picnicking are not your thing, then head to the coast to spot humpback and pilot whales as they visit the Whitsundays every winter on their annual migration north. Whitsundays - your very own slice of paradise, all year round!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 16 March 2020.