Manager Governance and Administration |
Whitsunday Regional Council, North Queensland
- Lead the governance and risk management function for Council
- Live in the beautiful Whitsunday Region
- Four-year contract
Whitsunday Regional Council is seeking a Manager Governance and Administration to lead Council's governance and risk management function to ensure the organisation operates with efficiency, accountability and transparency.
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services the Manager Governance and Administration will provide timely advice on legislation and compliance while driving organisational performance and best practice for Whitsunday Regional Council.
- Act as the custodian of council's overall corporate governance framework, policies and processes to ensure high level performance and compliance.
- Lead and coordinate council's governance and risk management functions through the development of policies, procedures, systems and reporting.
- Bring a coaching style to building organisational capability.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience implementing governance systems and processes.
- In-depth understanding of Queensland local government legislation and current reforms.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, negotiation and investigation skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Legal qualifications highly regarded).
Living in the Region
Whitsundays is not only Australia's most dreamed-about tropical destination, it's a place where people love to work live, visit and play. It's home to pristine rainforests, spectacular national parks, secluded inlets and white sandy beaches. And if bush walking, hidden waterfalls and picnicking are not your thing, then head to the coast to spot humpback and pilot whales as they visit the Whitsundays every winter on their annual migration north. Whitsundays - your very own slice of paradise, all year round!
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 15 March 2021.