Manager Financial Services | Isaac Regional Council
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership to a future focused council
- Work with an engaged leader committed to professional development
- Generous remuneration package + vehicle + housing + flexible work arrangements
Isaac Regional Council is seeking a Manager Financial Services to work as a strategic partner to the Director Corporate, Governance and Financial Services in leading all strategic and operational financial functions at Council.
The Manager leads the Financial Services Department, a geographically dispersed team of 18 who provide support and advice to Council to enable sustainable financial management, informed decision making and efficient and effective service delivery. The department is responsible for providing core services relating to rating and revenue, financial asset and accounting services and payroll in a timely and accurate manner to meet legislative and operational requirements.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership of a high performing Finance Department.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting standards, statutory financial reporting and treasury functions as they apply to Local Government.
- Experience in the provision of financial advice to all levels of an organisation.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance or related field.
- CA/CPA qualifications or eligibility to acquire.
The council is seeking an engaged, collaborative leader who creates mutually beneficial outcomes with stakeholders.
An attractive salary package including modern accommodation in Moranbah and a fully maintained vehicle is on offer.
The Isaac Region
The Isaac Region is at the forefront of change and innovation regionally, nationally and globally. The region's opportunities include mining development, clean energy, agriculture, economic diversification and investment attraction.
With vibrant communities and a strong economy, Isaac Regional Council's vision is 'To Energise the World'. Picturesque coastal villages and modern mining towns offer a diverse combination of coastal and country living.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description or selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 27 June 2022.