Manager Finance Services | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Provide strategic financial direction and operational leadership
- Embed existing systems and drive continuous improvement
- Positively contribute to community plans and make a difference
Take the next step in your career
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a proactive and professional Manager Financial Services to provide both operational and strategic financial direction to effectively drive Balonne’s financial long-term sustainability.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, the Manager Finance Services will provide leadership and guidance to the finance, procurement, and rating teams. A key focus will be supporting the senior leadership team to meet the Council’s Corporate and Operational Plans that help make Balonne a great place to live.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Lead and influence sustainable financial outcomes for Council and its community.
- Support the senior leadership team to improve financial performance by building the financial capacity and capability across Council.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff creating a culture of high customer service and continuous improvement.
- Deliver effective and efficient financial services to key stakeholder groups.
Qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Finance, CPA highly regarded.
- Experience supporting senior leadership, managing finance systems, performance, and continuous improvement.
- Effectively lead a team, build capability and positive team culture.
- Excellent communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and operating applicable software.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant and friendly community.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 16 May 2022.