This is a key role in the transition of Gladstone Regional Council's engineering asset solutions strategy. The incumbent will be a strong leader with a diverse skill set that can innovate and provide sound direction for the asset management team and in turn the greater community.
This role is responsible for investigating and resolving asset issues to ensure council meets agreed service levels at the lowest whole of life cost. The team will be responsible for bringing to life safe, cost effective asset solutions to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Leadership and mentoring of engineers and technical officers.
- Investigation and resolution of asset issues.
- High level project management to ensure design programs are met.
- Have a customer centric approach, with engagement of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver innovative asset solutions
Required experience and required qualifications:
- Degree Qualification in Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) Certification.
- Demonstrated successful experience in a similar role within the private or public sectors.
- Certified Associate in Asset Management or ability to rapidly acquire.
- Demonstrated strong understanding in asset management and sustainability principles.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and development of innovative asset solutions
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Council offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.