Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Cook Shire Council is seeking a Manager Engineering to join their high performing team. If you're looking for a work location that offers great lifestyle and adventure opportunities this is possibly the job for you, located in Cooktown, Far North Queensland
The Manager Engineering Services is responsible for the management of the Engineering Services Department and takes overall responsibility for providing strategic and operational leadership of the department in addition to long term planning and annual delivery of the Shire's capital works program. This role will have significant engagement with departmental project management staff and consulting engineers in the management of council's infrastructure related contracts.
To be successful in this role you will possess the practical knowledge of current and emerging best practice in local government and sound civil engineering management skills.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in or demonstrated ability in leading a team and managing operations within a Local Government civil engineering environment;
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and capital works delivery;
- Contract management capabilities;
- A sound understanding of asset management processes;
- Experience in the development and management of budgets; and
- A genuine desire to live and work in North Queensland.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Degree qualified - Civil Engineer;
- RPEQ recognition - desirable (Not essential);
- Asset Management / Project Management qualifications - desirable;
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in similar role; and
- Demonstrated experience in urban and rural roads, drainage, bridges, footpaths and other municipal infrastructure.
About the Council
Cook Shire is the largest land area Shire in Queensland covering 106,000km2 and encompassing some 80% of the Cape York Peninsula region of Far North Queensland. Employment with Council offers stability and security, combined with a balanced, tropical lifestyle that comes with living in the region.
Council is offering an excellent salary, as well as 12% superannuation and significant salary sacrifice entitlements.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The application period for this role ends on Monday 3 June 2019 at 5pm.