Manager Economic and Community Development | Mount Isa City Council
- Create an engaged, vital and sustainable community in regional Queensland
- Develop and deliver economic and community development strategy
- Be part of transformational change at Mount Isa City Council
The Mount Isa City council is seeking a people-focused community development leader who has a passion for creating thriving, resilient regional communities.
The Manager Economic and Community Development leads a team of 20 staff, and manages a range of essential community services, which include community development, sports and recreation (including the aquatic centre), economic development, library services, events, tourism, reconciliation and youth services.
- Create a contemporary, strategically aligned community and economic development function within the organisation.
- Develop the diverse communities within the Mount Isa region, focussing on a broad suite of engagement, sustainability and economic progress initiatives.
- Build a high functioning team within a new organisational structure, while operating within financial constraints.
Covering an area of 43,314 square kilometres, Mount Isa City Council has an annual budget of $70 million, a team of 250 staff and a community of 22,000 people. Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 7 May 2021.