Manager Council Facilities | Charters Towers Regional Council
- Key leadership role in facilities management
- Build and develop your career with a progressive organisation
- Generous remuneration including private use vehicle and 12% super
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to effectively manage Council owned and operated facilities including saleyards, swimming pools, airfields, buildings, structures and public amenities. As the Manager Council Facilities, you will manage a small professional team and build a positive workforce environment and culture with a focus on performance and workforce capability.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and directional advice in the areas of facilities management, agreements, leasing and maintenance.
- Encourage innovation and continuous improvements for customer service delivery.
- Community facing role within Council's management team.
Working with a forward-thinking and progressive council, this role offers an outstanding opportunity to influence the positive future development of the Charters Towers region. An attractive remuneration package is being offered including a private use vehicle, up to 12% superannuation and well supported professional development.
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within Local Government or related entity
- A sound understanding of facilities management processes, agreements and contractual requirements
- Organisational leadership and people management skills, cultural awareness and the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver key objectives effectively
- Ability to interact with community representatives, executive management and suppliers
- Possess a strong customer service ethos and ability to influence, network, negotiate, counsel and mediate.
With the incredible Lake Buchanan, rugged White Mountains National Park and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region, Charters Towers is ideal for nature enthusiasts and recreational activities such as fishing, hiking and kayaking.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 4 April 2022.