Manager Community Services | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Lead community, multicultural and library services
- Develop strategic networks and facilitate community activities
- Rewarding career in Council's leadership team
Coordinate community development initiatives to enhance cultural vitality
Balonne Shire Council is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Manager Community Services to lead community programs, supporting Council's vision of connected, innovative communities, where economies are strong and opportunities are abundant. As the Manager Community Services you will build networks with regional and community groups and facilitate programs, services and events that encourage social and community wellbeing and cultural development in the region.
- Operational leadership of community and multicultural development programs and library services
- Develop the community consultation and engagement strategy
- Event management
- Proactively build regional networks and community partnerships
- Lead, manage and mentor a motivated, multidisciplinary team.
Quallifications, skills and attributes
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures relating to community development, library services, and cultural services
- Strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Qualifications or experience in a field relevant to community development/cultural services.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant and freindly community.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 August 2021.