The City of Hobart is seeking an experienced waste management professional to offer leadership to all facets of the strategy and operations of its Cleansing and Solid Waste Unit.
The portfolio has a skilled and established team, a well-funded programme, high standards of service, and this role will be key to achieving the City's ambitious goal of "Zero solid waste to Landfill by 2030."
This is a fixed term, full time role for three years.
The key responsibilities:
- Cleansing and Solid Waste Policy - driving toward the City's zero waste to landfill by 2030 target.
- Collection Services - managing an inhouse team delivering to the City's residential and commercial customers
- Cleansing Services - managing very high standards of cleansing of the City's public toilets, CBD precinct and streets.
- Waste Management Centre - management of the City's McRobie's Gully waste recovery and disposal centre.
- Lead and mentor a large and diverse workforce, embedding the organisation's values with strong performance and high customer service standards.
- Implementation of the City's Food and Organic Waste collections services.
- Delivery of cutting-edge City waste handling infrastructure.
- Further development of the City's recycling programme.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in a Waste Management related discipline are essential.
- Business Management qualifications, or post-graduate qualifications in fields such as Project Management or other related disciplines will be well regarded
There are significant policy, planning, programme and project management and business analysis skills required in this position, and experience or qualifications in these areas will be highly regarded.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior Waste Management professional to assume leadership of a diverse and interesting portfolio providing essential services in one of Australia's most attractive and culturally significant cities.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Ogston 0407 674 412 or Belinda Walker at Leading Roles on 0411 449 447.
The application period will close at 5pm, Wednesday 13 March 2019.