Manager Civil Services | Clarence Valley Council
Northern Rivers, NSW
- Work / life balance, 5 weeks' annual leave
- Key Leadership Role
- Bring innovation and expertise to Civil Services Program Management
The Manager Civil Services provides operational direction and quality assurance over the delivery of capital infrastructure projects and maintenance programs for Clarence Valley Council.
Leading an operational team of approximately 100 staff, providing technical expertise and operational leadership in the delivery of road transport projects and maintenance programs (sealed and unsealed roads), with a focus on quality, sustainability and enhancing the asset benefits for the community.
- Drive the strategic direction of road transport projects and maintenance programs.
- Participate in the management and preparation of the Annual Operational Plan, including budget preparation, to meet the needs of the delivery program and monitor and report progress.
- Lead a strong and compliant safety culture for the operational workforce.
- Promote and deliver sound risk management and safe work methodology, ensuring risk management is applied at the appropriate level.
- Facilitate Council's operational response to Emergency Disaster Recovery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary Civil Engineering qualifications and / or significant experience in a similar role.
- Senior management experience within Local Government or related entity.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to strategically manage a road construction and maintenance program.
- Organisational leadership and people management skills, cultural awareness and the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver key objectives effectively.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package, including optional lease back vehicle, five weeks annual leave and relocation assistance. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in an organisation that values its people and provides excellent services to the local region.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 15 August 2022