An exciting career opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for a Manager Buildings & Facilities to join the Corporate & Community Services business unit.
The main requirement of this role is to lead staff in the management and operation of Council's facilities including capital projects and minor works delivery, contract services and maintenance management. The position operates, maintains and enhances facilities owned by Council and ensures the provision of physical facilities, asset redundancy planning and project management.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Provide leadership and direction to management and staff exercising managerial control over the Buildings & Facilities business unit
- Develop and review of Council's Service Management Plan for Buildings & Facilities.
- Develop and maintain a Building & Facilities Management Program that includes preventative maintenance, life-cycle management and asset inspections.
- Develop tender documentation for all major facilities maintenance and construction activities.
- Manage and oversee all contracts associated with the ongoing maintenance and management of Council's Buildings & Facilities.
- Exercise financial management by developing operational budgets, conducting financial reviews and forecasts, determining fees and charges structures
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams
- High level of budget development and monitoring skills including advanced tender writing skills
- Skills in facilities management systems
- Excellent working knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures associated with Buildings & Facilities business unit functions and programs.
- It is mandatory that the incumbent has strong business and trade acumen - Qualifications in Business or Commerce together with a building trade qualification is highly desirable.
- Significant experience in a similar position leading multi-disciplinary teams in an environment of rapid change is essential to this position.
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 39,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package dependant on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key role that this position takes in the organisation and community of the Lockyer Valley.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For a detailed position description and to apply for this role, please visit our website http://www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/ or contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293
Applications will close on Thursday 26th April 2018 at 5pm.