Manager Assets | Cook Shire Council | Cooktown
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Cook Shire Council is a progressive and forward-thinking organisation with a rich blend of culture and community connections and collaboration. The Council offers tremendous positive opportunities and provides for a bright, healthy and sustainable future for the Shire, its residents and the communities. Become a part of a flourishing and innovative Council and help drive and shape the future development of Cook Shire.
A recent Staff Engagement Survey identified Cook Shire Council as an "Employer of Choice", having been independently assessed as performing in the top 10% when benchmarked against 65 other Councils. If you're looking for a work location that offers great lifestyle and adventure opportunities this is possibly the job for you, located in Cooktown, Far North Queensland.
The Manager Assets leads Council's asset management function and provides asset management services by developing, implementing and reviewing asset management policies, processes, strategies, plans and programs. You will also provide guidance and advice for asset life cycle management to support Council's Vision and Mission.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in or demonstrated ability in leading a team and managing operations within a Local Government civil engineering environment;
- Expertise in sustainable Asset Management practices and project delivery;
- The ability to lead, develop and manage a team;
- Experience in the development and management of budgets;
- The ability to innovate and bring best practice to your work;
- A genuine desire to live and work in North Queensland; and
- High level communication skills in both written and verbal formats.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications would be viewed favourably - not essential;
- Asset Management and or Project Management qualifications - desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of budgets; and
- C Class open driver's License.
Working and living in the region
Cook Shire is the largest land area Shire in Queensland covering 106,000km2 and encompassing 80% of the Cape York Peninsula region of Far North Queensland. Employment with Council offers stability and security, combined with a balanced, tropical lifestyle that comes with living in the region. The Cook Shire Council employs 140 staff and has an annual budget of $32.1m.
Cook Shire enjoys a mild tropical climate with the wet season typically running from January to March, which is also the hottest part of the year. April to December brings a drier period and cooler weather, with temperatures averaging 27 degrees.
Considering a sea change or relocating to Cook Shire for employment? You will find that it is a growing region and the perfect place to be now and into the future. It is the largest land area shire in Queensland, and features a pristine coastline, culturally diverse community, friendly locals and huge potential for growth. Become a part of a flourishing and innovative Council and help drive and shape the future development of Cook Shire.
Council is offering an excellent salary package, as well as 12% superannuation, vehicle and significant salary sacrifice entitlements.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
The application period for this role ends on Monday 25th November 2019 at 5pm.