Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Lead strategic planning and implementation of high-quality asset management services as the Manager Asset Management for the Central Highlands Regional Council.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an accomplished asset management professional to join a recognised industry leader.
The role is diverse and has significant strategic and operational leadership responsibilities, touching all facets of the organisation's management of assets.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leadership of a team of experts in; Asset Management, Plant and Fleet Management, Workshops, Procurement and GIS;
- Identification and implementation of emerging trends and best practice in Asset Management;
- Development of frameworks for decision making for Asset Management, Plant and Fleet, Workshops, Procurement and GIS; and
- Leading financial modelling of Council's forward works programs, operational plans and asset management plans to determine the most efficient and economical use of Council's infrastructure assets.
Required experience and required qualifications
- Proven experience working in a similar role, ideally in a local government context;
- Highly developed understanding of both Engineering and Accounting concepts relating to Asset Management; and
- Minimum of Queensland C class provisional driver's licence.
The Central Highlands region is located west of the Capricorn Coast in Central Queensland, and is the gateway to the Sapphire Gemfields. It boasts a country lifestyle with access to all major services including shopping, sports, recreation, health, education and regular air services. This position can be based in any of the regional towns across the region, the choice is yours.
A highly attractive remuneration package is on offered to attract the highest calibre candidates to this position. The Council also offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 17 June 2019.