Manager Airport | Whyalla City Council | Whyalla, SA
- Manage the airport terminal and ensure regulatory compliance
- Focus on services as a contribution to tourism and business growth
- Lead transformational change
The Whyalla City Council is seeking an innovative aviation professional to manage the airport terminal operations. Reporting to the Director City Growth, the Manager Airport is a key member of Council's senior leadership team, providing strategic advice, leading business engagement activities and ensuring safe and secure terminal and airside operations.
With a future-focused approach, the Manager Airport will lead transformational change, deliver strategies to increase flights, freight and passengers through the airport and contribute to regional development by building trust and relationships with tourism operators, business owners and government agencies.
Opportunities and challenges
- Deliver the Aiport Master Plan to increase economic growth into the region
- Lead and contribute to the airport transformation, security requirements, baggage handling systems and upgraded runways
- Ensure that airport operations and facilities meet airport regulations and are of a high standard
- Lead transformational change, mentor, and motivate the team to provide exceptional service
- Build local capability to support the airport operations longer term.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Proven recent success in senior management in the aviation or similar industry
- Qualifications in Airport Reporting/Works Safety Officer or ability to obtain
- Experience in managing the day-to-day operations of an airport including security, maintenance, safety, and risk management
- Knowledge of the Civil Aviation Authority Regulations, Best Practices, and Aviation Transport Security Regulations
- Experience in leading transformational change from both a business and people perspective
- Highly developed communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
Whyalla City Council values diversity and teamwork. This is a great opportunity to join a values-based organisation, and contribute to the community. Whyalla is on an upward trajectory, with future-focused infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism opportunities for the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close at 5 pm Monday 11 October 2021.