Management Accountant | Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council
- Deliver financial support services
- Develop and maintain accounting systems
- Live in Australia's top end with subsidised housing
The Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council (NPARC) is seeking a Management Accountant with strong technical accounting skills to join the finance team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the coordination and development of council's budget function, internal analysis, and management reporting functions.
- Preparing, reviewing, analysing, and reporting of all annual budgets for each work area of Council.
- Providing budget advice and recommendations on budgets to internal customers.
- Maintaining accurate information in Council's financial system and being the key contact for support and advice for the system.
- Preparing financial reports, including statutory reports, for internal customers and external agencies.
- Preparing reconciliations of subsidiary ledgers and other key general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with the implementation of new technologies and troubleshooting and resolution of system issues that are impacting on financial data
Qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics and experience in a similar role.
- A proven ability to manage a financial accounting system.
- Advanced software and systems skills to document, analyse data, and report appropriately
This is a great opportunity for a Management Accountant to explore the top end of Australia while bringing their knowledge and experience to make changes that will make a lasting impact.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25 July 2022.