Whitsunday Regional Council is seeking a Major Events and Attraction Coordinator to support the prosperity of the region through the attraction and development of major and signature events.
The newly created position will deliver the Whitsunday Major Festival and Events Attraction Strategy; including the analysis of emerging markets and selection and development of targeted events that will bring tourism and commercial visitors to the region.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Establish and implement the Whitsunday Major Festival and Events Attraction Strategy;
- Coordinate, manage and run major events throughout the region;
- Develop an event management framework to support the delivery of existing and new events;
- Coordinate the calendar of events to ensure economic benefit for the region; and
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders including potential sponsors.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Management, Marketing or a relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, attracting and coordinating large scale events;
- Advanced communication and organisational skills, as well as stakeholder engagement; and
- Local government experience desirable but not essential.
The Whitsunday Regional Council is located in one of Queensland's key tourism, agriculture and trade regions with important assets including Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, a thriving horticultural sector and significant trade-supporting transport infrastructure. The Council serves a community of 35,500 located in the major community centres of Bowen, Proserpine, Collinsville and Airlie Beach. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle, the region boasts beaches, rainforests and large tracts of national parkland.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer along with learning and development programs, flexible work policies and mentoring. This is a permanent full-time position.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412 or Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
The application period for this role ends at 5pm, Monday 21 January 2019.