Local Laws Officer | Lockyer Valley Regional Council |Gatton, QLD
- Use your compliance skills to achieve positive community outcomes
- Join a supportive and engaged team
- Work in the beautiful Lockyer Valley, just one hour from Brisbane
The Lockyer Valley, a hidden gem situated at the base of the Great Dividing Range, is one of Australia's leading agricultural production areas, and is conveniently located just an hour from Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a Local Laws Officer to join their positive, proactive and supportive team. Working within the Community and Wellbeing Team, the position helps to create a safe, happy and healthy community through a range of compliance, inspection and investigation services.
Responsibilities and Opportunities:
- Ensure public health and safety through the implementation of council's local laws, including animal management.
- Maintain high standards of compliance, inspection and investigation services in support of council's policies and local laws.
- Provide technical advice and support as required to other business units within Council.
- Provide high standards of customer service to the residents and visitors to the Lockyer Valley Region.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Experience in a similar compliance or enforcement position with a sound knowledge of local government functions.
- Experience interpreting and applying acts, regulations, local laws, codes and standards.
- Ability to investigate compliance issues, prepare written reports and submissions.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement skills.
Working and living in the Region
Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 March 2022.