The Douglas Shire is seeking a Labourer Public and Natural Areas.
In this role you will be required to effectively and efficiently undertake a wide variety of landscape, horticultural and land management activities as directed by the relevant ganger.
Essential Skills include:
- Secondary education to Year 10 with good writing and communication skills.
- Current Queensland Driver's Licence Class (MR).
- Chainsaw level I or ability to obtain.
- General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) - White Card.
- Traffic Management Level One (Signage Awareness) or ability to obtain.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a wide variety of physically demanding labouring tasks.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety relating to out-door work activities in parks, reserves and Council controlled areas.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role, and Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
The council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Please click on the links below to download the information pack and application form.
Closing date for Applications is Monday 30 April at 5pm