The Douglas Shire is seeking a Labourer Civil Works.
In this role you will be required to effectively and efficiently undertake a wide variety of maintenance / construction activities ensuring maximum productivity with a high standard of workmanship and job safety as directed by the Ganger.
Essential Skills include:
- Secondary education to Year 10 with good writing and communication skills and an understanding of basic mathematics.
- Current Queensland Driver's Licence Class (C,MR).
- Demonstrated ability to perform a range of maintenance / construction labouring tasks including set up of formwork and assisting in the laying of concrete drainage products.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in undertaking general bridge, road and drainage activities associated with maintenance/construction.
- Experience/skills in working with timber bridges or timber construction.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a public environment.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role, and Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
The council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is Monday 11 March 2019 at 5 pm.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.