IT Coordinator | Balonne Shire Council | St George, QLD
- Provide technical advice for digital change projects
- Coordinate maintenance programs for IT systems and equipment
- Support end-users and promote IT best practice
Balonne Shire Council is continuing to build capacity of digital connectivity in the region with a range of projects, partnerships, new Wi-Fi towers and improved network of CCTV.
As a key member of the Corporate Services Team, the IT Coordinator provides technical advice to management and the ICT Standing Committee. The Balonne Shire Council is seeking a proactive IT professional to coordinate maintenance programs for IT equipment, build IT capacity for operational and capital projects, enhance information technology support for staff and deliver customer service excellence.
Opportunities and challenges
- Coordinate IT change initiatives for operational and capital works projects.
- Respond to service issues and staff requests and troubleshoot in a timely manner.
- Investigate IT issues, collect and analyse data to make recommendations.
- Install computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Build capability and support end-users to overcome technology challenges.
- Contribute to IT budgeting and procurement activities.
- Drive IT best practice and services across the organisation.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Diploma or Cert IV in Information and Communications Technology
- Diploma of Project Management and/or ITIL® 4 Foundation Certificate or higher, highly regarded
- Experience assisting with IT projects, budgeting and problem solving
- Experience maintaining IT assets and providing a high-level customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Analytical, problem-solving, time management and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience implementing Council IT systems, highly regarded
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your IT career and join a future-focused organisation that values diversity and teamwork. Balonne Shire Council also offers support for training and professional development.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 October 2021.