Project Officer/Housing Supervisor (12-24 month contract) - Mornington Island
Assist with managing capital works projects and housing programs on Mornington Island. Leading Roles is seeking a Project Officer/Housing Supervisor to assist in the planning, coordination and management of repairs and maintenance of community facilities, council buildings, staff housing, and council-owned commercially leased properties.
- Assist with day-to-day operations and managing departmental works and performance obligations.
- Assist with managing the Department of Housing and Public Works' contracts to ensure timely and efficient delivery of housing construction repairs and maintenance.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant trade certificate or equivalent and/or knowledge and skills applicable to building and civil construction works, both commercial and domestic.
- Highly developed leadership and management skills within a construction environment.
- Certificate IV in Project Management or high-level project management skills to effectively plan and deliver multiple projects.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace health and safety practices and requirements.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential.
Previous experience living and working in remote indigenous communities and/or working in local government will be highly regarded. This is a 12-24 month contract position.
How to Apply
The application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified. Click Apply Now to submit your application.