Accountant - Central Queensland - 6-month contract
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced Accountant with knowledge of financial accounting standards and processes. This is a dynamic position with diverse work and supports the Manager Finance.
This is a six-month contract with immediate start, competitive hourly rates and accommodation provided.
This position requires strong understanding of accounting standards as they relate to asset management. The Accountant will also provide advice on taxation and accounting processes, policies and procedures.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting (or relevant discipline)
- Experience in management and financial reporting with a strong understanding of accounting standards and reporting processes
- Experience in asset accounting and a general understanding of asset management concepts and frameworks
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a broad range of stakeholders
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Effective time management, task prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to meeting stringent and competing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously, progress projects to completion and be solutions focused
- Ability to critically analyse information and processes to identify process improvement opportunities.
Experience with TechnologyOne would be advantageous and Local Government experience will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.