Infrastructure Operations Manager | Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- Team leadership and strategic management of infrastructure works program
- Encourage innovation and creativity in service planning
- Competitive remuneration package with generous car allowance
Contribute to the strategic direction of infrastructure service delivery.
Hinchinbrook Shire Council is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Operations Manager to provide leadership of the infrastructure work group and infrastructure maintenance programs. As Infrastructure Operations Manager, you will provide technical advice to the infrastructure works department to improve service delivery of council's construction and maintenance projects including roads, bridges, fleet management and related infrastructure.
As the Infrastructure Operations Manager, you will lead continuous improvement and cultural change initiatives to enhance service delivery efficiency and safety. In addition, you will develop the skills and capabilities of staff and encourage innovation and creativity in service planning.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Manage construction and maintenance of roads, bridges and general municipal works
- Manage activities across fleet operations and fleet capital replacement program
- Ensure quality management system is compliant with legislation and regulations
- Contractor and project management
- Develop and manage operational works teams
- Manage the operational and capital expenditure budget
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated experience in operational management of infrastructure construction and maintenance services in local government or similar entity
- Civil engineering qualifications (or similar) - highly regarded but not essential
- Formal qualifications in business management or local government - highly regarded
- Organisational leadership, people management skills and cultural awareness
- Collaborative team player who is keen to mentor staff and share knowledge with peers
- Structured, responsible and accountable with a strong customer focus (Internal and external).
A great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
With a multicultural population of 11,000 people, Hinchinbrook is the gateway to the wet tropics, encompassed by ancient tropical rainforest, rugged tropical islands and the Great Barrier Reef. Adventure seekers and nature lovers will be captivated by the mesmerising beauty and unparalleled experiences that can be found on Hinchinbrook Island, home to one of the top 10 walks on the planet. The unforgettable, arduous and fulfilling experience of Thorsborne Trail - a 32 kilometre trek through paradise - is both an epic challenge and a spiritual journey.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 August 2021.