Lockyer Valley Regional Council - ICT Service Desk Officer.
An exciting career opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for an ICT Service Desk Officer to join the Information Services team. The main requirement of this role is to provide timely, efficient and customer focused, ICT Service Desk Services throughout Council.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Assist the Senior ICT Service Desk Officer to manage and lead the operation and customer focus of Council's ICT Service Desk team.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, audit, and review of appropriate ICT policies, procedures
- Contribute to the development, implementation, audit, and maintenance of stable and secure ICT systems platform, services, and infrastructure.
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- Significant experience and knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office productivity suites, the development and operational maintenance of standard operating environments (SOE) and mobile solutions.
- Demonstrated high level Customer service focus
The following qualifications, practical experience and licences:
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevance of technology and information in a local government environment and the latest technology related developments and application in a medium sized local government service environment.
- Qualifications in the Information Technology field (Degree, Certificate IV, MCP, MCSE, ITIL, etc.) are desirable and/or industry experience in the provision and delivery of customer focused IT service desk support services in a complex multi-tiered environment.
- A current driver's licence (Class C).
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region. The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 39,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package dependant on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key role that this position takes in the organisation and community of the Lockyer Valley.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Please click on the link below for a detailed position description or for a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293
Applications will close on Thursday 17th May 2018 at 5pm.