Mount Isa City Council | Human Resources Manager | Mount Isa
Shape workplace culture and transform team capability
Leading Roles is seeking a Human Resources Manager to lead change management and continuous performance improvements for Mt Isa City Council.
Working closely with Council's Executive Leadership team, the Human Resources Manager will develop people management strategies, implement change initiatives and build staff capability.
This role has a mix of high-level strategic contribution and management responsibilities which include:
- Develop systems and policies to support a high performing team and build leadership and organisational capability
- Support management in planning, recruitment, performance and conduct management, change management, organisational culture training and development.
- Develop training and development frameworks and staff engagement programs to support the implementation of Council's strategic plans.
Qualifications, Personal Attributes and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in an associated discipline
- Sound knowledge of human resource management and systematic approach to learning and development.
- Five years' minimum practical experience in implementing change management or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written), presentation skills and ability to negotiate and liaise with team members, management, clients and service providers.
Council offers competitive remuneration and work/life balance.
Working and Living in the Region
Mount Isa is not just about mining - it's a land of opportunity for those seeking career, community and lifestyle. Just a two-hour flight from Brisbane, Mount Isa is a wonderful city in the Gulf Country region of Queensland. With a strong sense of history and friendly community, this diverse and surprising outback city is a great place to visit, live, work and play.
Covering an area of 43,314 square kilometres, Mount Isa City Council has, a team of 180 staff, community of 22,000 people and annual budget of $55M.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 10 August 2020.