HR Business Partner | Barcaldine Regional Council
- Shape organisational culture as part of the leadership team
- Broad HR Generalist role
- Take the next step in your HR career
Barcaldine Regional Council is seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to coordinate the Human Resource and Employee Relations functions of Barcaldine Regional Council. Reporting directly to the CEO, the HR Business Partner will be a valued part of the leadership team, shaping the future direction and culture of the organisation.
The HR Business Partner will lead a broad portfolio across HR planning, organisation development, employee support, industrial relations, recruitment and onboarding, performance management and HR policies, systems and processes.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO and other leaders regarding workforce planning, organisational change, culture and values.
- Develop contemporary people and culture management systems that includes capacity building of leaders, succession planning, attraction and retention strategies and development of a high-performance culture.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, awards, the Certified Agreement and Council policies and standards.
- Work with wide range of internal and external stakeholders including unions, industrial relations commission, professional bodies and other central western councils.
Qualifications, skill and attributes
- Recent experience in a similar role in local government or a highly regulated environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field or a minimum of three years' experience in the key functional areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant awards, agreements and policies applicable to Council.
- Analytical skills and strong communication skills.
Take the next step in your Human Resource career and make this role your own.
The Barcaldine region, in Central West Queensland, is home to five towns - Alpha, Jericho, Barcaldine, Aramac and Muttaburra - each with a unique charm. The rich heritage, indigenous culture, natural landscapes, variety of fauna and flora, lakes and rivers, arts, events and regular festivals ensure there is something for everyone to enjoy an active and social lifestyle.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1 November 2021.