Group Leader Strategic Asset Management
Coffs Harbour City Council | Coffs Harbour, NSW
- Lead infrastructure and capital project delivery
- Strategic asset planning, project management, surveying and design
- Significant leadership opportunity - build team capability through change initiatives
Coffs Harbour City Council is seeking an outstanding asset management professional to lead the strategic direction of Council’s asset management planning, project design and delivery, as well as Council’s waste services.
As the Group Leader, you will lead a team of highly skilled technical staff and implement change programs and initiatives that align with organisational goals and Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
Opportunities and Challenges
- This role is a key member of Council’s leadership group, overseeing the delivery of a $50M annual Capital Works Programs and a civil asset portfolio worth $2.2B.
- Continuously improve on how Council delivers on its asset management plans, including water, sewer and waste assets.
- Build team capacity and capability through strategic planning and alignment with organisational goals
- Work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure desired organisation and community outcomes are met
- Provide mentoring, support and development to the people leaders within the Strategic Asset Management Group
- Promote best practice and commitment to safety and a safe working environment
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in strategic planning for infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the management of infrastructure-delivery
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong and inclusive leadership to a large, multi-disciplinary work group
- Experience implementing corporate, project and risk management processes and regulatory frameworks
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of innovative strategies, policies and standards for asset management and project delivery
- Experience in asset, contract and project management
- Well-developed analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Comfortable influencing at the most senior levels and be able to gain the support of the senior executive team regarding critical decision affecting the delivery of the asset management.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package, including, a highly competitive salary, 10% superannuation, vehicle lease back options and professional development.
Surrounded by national parks and overlooking the Solitary Islands Marine Park, Coffs Harbour offers the ideal lifestyle to surround yourself with nature and enjoy the walking tracks, mountain biking, fishing, surfing or relaxing with the family. With flexible working options available, you can really enjoy the lifestyle Coffs Harbour has to offer.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package or contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications close 5pm Monday 27 September 2021.