Bellingen Shire Council in New South Wales' beautiful northern coastal hinterland is seeking a Group Leader Building and Regulation.
This is a great opportunity for a building inspection services professional to provide leadership, development and performance improvement, while providing high standards of service to the Bellingen community.
You would lead the provision of building inspection and regulatory services, development assessments, public and environmental health, building regulation control and on-site sewage management and ranger services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of a team of high performing, customer focused regulatory services professionals
- On-site sewerage management systems (OSMS's);
- Scores on Doors safe food inspections;
- Pool inspections;
- New Corporate System implementation;
- Building Inspections/ Certifications Services; and
- Ranger services.
Key skills/experience required:
- Council will consider applications from candidates who have a Health, Environmental Health or Building Certification Services background but have a distinct preference for a candidate that has a Building Services background and qualifications
- A degree or trade qualification with A2 level accreditation under the Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme.
About the Bellingen Shire:
The Bellingen Shire has three distinct geographical areas - ocean, river, and mountains incorporating the communities of Mylestom, Repton, and Urunga on the coast, Bellingen nestled in the river valley, and Dorrigo on the plateau. Each is a vibrant and rich community with its own characteristics.
Bellingen Shire Council has an ongoing focus on service excellence for its community. This is a great opportunity to be part of the changing face of Council while enjoying work-life balance and career development in a beautiful location!
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Watch this video to see why we love living in Bellingen! https://vimeo.com/192206291
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 4 March 2019.